The Central Kitsap Medic One Foundation, founded in 1996, provides important supplemental funding for items necessary to continue essential services provided by Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue (CKFR). Annually, the Foundation considers needs from a “Wish List” provided by CKFR. Money raised from travel will be used to support CKFR. In the past, the Foundation has purchased and presented to the CKFR District a number of much needed items such as:
• CO Oximeter – A device that measures carbon monoxide levels in both fire and EMS personnel and potential victims of CO (carbon monoxide) poisoning.
• Stethoscopes – A state of the art stethoscope for each paramedic of the district, a tradition that has been going on since the mid 1990′s.
• CPR Supplies – To maintain state of the art equipment.
• CPAP Generators – For treatment of specific respiratory emergencies.
• Four Reciprocating Rescue Saws – Needed to compliment the equipment on outlying fire engines for early access to trapped & injured persons involved in motor vehicle accidents.
• Stair Chair – A device used by EMTs and Paramedics to safely carry patients down stairs or move them out of tight places where a standard gurney will not fit.
Call Jen at 360-271-6129