Mission of the UC San Diego AIDS Research Institute
The mission of the UC San Diego AIDS Research Institute is to become a regional resource for HIV/AIDS research by . . .
- Coordinating and stimulating collaborative scientific research and exchange within the academic community,
- Offering relevant educational and training opportunities in the many areas related to HIV infection, and
- Providing clinical resources and education to the San Diego community.
The ARI serves as the nexus for AIDS researchers to share research and ideas and, together, devise new approaches to prevent, diagnose, and treat HIV/AIDS.
When you book your travel through GW Travel Club know that your time spent on vacation will do the following:
- Help local researchers share ideas and, together, devise new approaches to prevent, diagnose, and treat HIV/AIDS.
- Help UCSD clinicians by providing support for HIV testing, clinic equipment and furniture, and outreach.
- Help researchers, clinicians, and patients by supporting seminars and other educational programs.
- You will raise funds for items that federal grant funding cannot buy, including laboratory equipment.
Please check out UC San Diego AIDS Research Institute to witness the full scope of their work and how you will help: http://ari.ucsd.edu/
Call Anne-Marie at 1-888-406-6030 ext 809